I love making cinnamon rolls for my family and friends. It is a long standing tradition that we eat them while preparing the Thanksgiving turkey as well as Christmas morning while opening presents from Santa.
Whether you want to eat them right away, refrigerate them overnight or freeze them for a later occasion, these are a great treat to share with everyone. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 Cups Flour (Split in two bowls, 4 cups each)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Egg
- 2 Packages (or 2 Tablespoons) Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Cups Warm Water (not to exceed 110 degrees)
- 1 Cup Addy's Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- Mix all dough ingredients (with just the first 4 cups of flour) into your mixer, mixing well with a dough hook. Then slowly add the additional 4 cups of flour.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then turn onto a floured counter, and roll into a ball.
- Place into a buttered/greased bowl, lightly cover with a dish towel, and set in a non-drafty area to rise. *This is a refrigerator dough and it can rise on the counter or in the refrigerator, depending on whether you want to make it right away or later. I make the dough the night before and pull it from the fridge to make hot rolls in the morning.
- Once your dough has doubled in size, punch it down and roll into a rectangle shape 12” x 24".
- Spread the softened butter over the entire dough surface.
- Slightly warm up your marmalade and spread it gently over the buttered dough.
- Mix your sugars together, sprinkling evenly over your dough mixture, and then add raisins.
- Roll up tightly the long way and cut into 24 – 1" rolls.
- Place dough into greased 2-9" cake pans, 6 rolls per pan, covering loosely with plastic wrap. Raise in the fridge overnight or on the counter for approximately 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes – rolls should be nice and golden, but not too brown or they wont be soft.
- Whip together your butter cream frosting and add to the rolls while they are warm.
Once your rolls are baked, plate and enjoy!
WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S COOKING IN YOUR HOME!
If you have a great recipe using Addy’s Jam that you would like to share, reach out! We will provide products and deliver at no charge. Give us a call at (858) 252-8183 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Addy’s to receive more amazing recipes like this one, along with great specials and information on new products.