MeMe's Chicken Tenders
My family is absolutely obsessed with chicken tenders. My daughters would go to the store every week looking for fresh fried chicken because they just had to have it.
This recipe is a family favorite that we have at least once a week. Try pairing it with our Addy's Chutney for a sweet and savory combination.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lawry's Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Package Chicken Tenders (recipe good for 1 dozen tenders)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Buttermilk (your choice)
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- Rinse and dry chicken tenders then add to the wet ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate tenders until you are ready to cook. *I like to marinate all day or overnight.
- In a medium bowl stir together all dry ingredients.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet to 350 degrees with canola oil half way up the pan. Approximately 2 Cups (Don’t get it too hot or it will brown the chicken tenders too fast and the inside will be raw).
- Pull the marinated chicken tenders from the refrigerator and coat in dry ingredients, laying on wax paper or a plate to prepare for cooking.
- Add gently to the heated oil and fry for approximately 2.5 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked tenders to a paper towel to drain and cool.
- Serve with your favorite Addy’s Chutney - like Addy's Pineapple Habanero or Addy's Pepper & Jalapeno.